I’ve always been one of these people who’d rather eat the cookie dough with a spoon out of the bowl than wait for it to be baked into cookies. Well, but let’s pretend: If that cookie dough would be high in fiber, high in protein, all vegan (no raw eggs to worry about), low in fat and free from processed sugar… why shouldn’t I!?
An excellent source of fiber and protein in one sweet, healthy snack and a delicious alternative to raw cookie dough. That sounds great, doesn’t it?! Oh, I tell you: It is great! Give it a try – I’m sure you won’t regret it.
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed (265 g)
- 50-70 g dates, pitted
- 30 g oats
- 20 g almonds, ground
- 1 tsp vanilla
- pinch of sea salt
- splash of water (+/- 100 ml)
- 3 tbsp cacao nibs (30 g)
- Combine oats, almonds, vanilla and salt in a blender or food processor and process to a meal.
- Add chickpeas and water and blend until it's a smooth puree. Adapt the amount of water.
- Remove cookie dough mixture from blender and place in a bowl. Add cacao nibs (or dark vegan chocolate chips) and mix well with a spoon.