Sometimes, you just want to finish off your lunch oder dinner with something sweet, right? This recipe for vegan vanilla cashew cream can be made within a few minutes and with only six ingredients (including water).
You can enjoy a sweet, healthy and delicious treat in no time at all. The cashew cream can be used for nearly everything. As a dip for fresh fruit, over hot berries, as a creamy sauce eaten along with oatmeal, as a tasty addition to sweet meals… Have you already tried sweet pizza, yet? Well, if not then give it a try! It ROCKS, I tell you 😉
- 100 g raw unsalted cashews (soaked over night, at least 4 hours)
- 4 tbsp maple syrup (or agave syrup/ dates to taste)
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- +/- 100 ml water
- seeds from 1 vanilla bean
- pinch of salt
- Drain the cashews and discard the soaking water.
- Pour fresh water into the blender, add the soaked cashews with maple syrup, lemon juice, vanilla and salt. Blast on high for 30 to 60 seconds, until smooth and creamy. Tweak water, sweetener, and vanilla to taste.
- Transfer to a sealed container in the fridge. The cream will keep for about 4 days.