When I was a child, I never liked cooked potatoes. I mean: I really liked oven roasted wedges, salad or potato mash. But eating them only cooked? No. (I always mashed the potatoes on my plate – wasn’t that appetizing for the other people at the table, I guess 😛 ).
Today I always make myself something to eat them along with. My favorits are avocado, hummus and: peas. I really like green peas, especially as a delicious dip. This green pea dip here gets along with alost no additional fat and only a few ingredients. Perfect for a quick and tasty addition to your meal.
- 250 g green peas (frozen)
- 1-2 garlic clove(s)
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 3-4 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast (optional)
- 1 tbsp tahin (optional)
- fresh ground black pepper
- fresh ground nutmeg
- salt, chili flakes
- Rinse peas with hot water, drain and set them aside.
- Peel garlic cloves and cut them into small pieces. In a small pan, heat oil, add garlic and roast until the garlic becomes slightly brown on the edges.
- Add peas, briefly sauté them and deglaze with soy sauce.
- Place pea garlic mixture in a food processor and blend until smooth. May add a little bit of water for a creamy consitency..