HOT SPICY OAT LENTIL BALLS WITH CARROTS AND SRIRACHA
Ergibt: 20 balls
- 250 g lentils, cooked (125 g dry weight)
- 100 g oats (+/- for texture)
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 onion
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tsp mustard, hot
- 2 tsp sriracha (to taste)
- 2 tbsp chopped walnuts or sunflower seeds
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast (optional)
- 1 tsp paprika powder
- ½ tsp pimentón de la Vera (optional)
- 1 tsp agave syrup (optional)
- salt, pepper, cayenne pepper to taste
- 1 handful fresh herbs (e.g. parsley or basil)
- oil to fry
- e.g. rice, sweet chili sauce/ sriracha to serve
- Start by chopping onion and garlic. Wash and dry the fresh herbs, remove leaves from the stem and finely chop them.
- Put all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix until everything is combined.
- Using your hands, shape about 20 balls (depending how small or large you want them). Put them into a hot pan with oil (*) and fry them.
* Instead of frying them you can also put them in the oven (healthier option, because you don't need additional oil). Just pre-heat oven to 375 degrees. Place the oat lentil balls on a baking tray covered with parchment paper and bake them for about 15 minutes. Flip them over and bake for another 5-10 minutes. The outside should be a little bit crunchy, the inside still moist.