Ultra chocolaty, moist and fudgy in the middle. If you are a chocolate fan – I bet you gonna like this cake. It’s even reduced in sugar and without any additional butter or oil. And the best thing about it: you taste nothing of that! All vegan for sure without any eggs or dairy. Just go check it out!
The recipe is pretty easy tho. Just throw together ingredients and let the oven finish the work for you.
- 300 g spelt flour
- 150 g raw cane sugar
- 1 pck. bourbon vanilla sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda (*)
- 50 g cacao powder, unsweetened
- ⅓ tsp salt
- 1 can coconut milk (400 ml)
- 200 ml coffee
- 100 g apple sauce
- 50 g dark chocolate
- Pre-heat oven to 347 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients.
- Add coconut milk, coffee and apple sauce und stir well with a whisk until there are no lumps remaining (it's an almost liquid dough - that's normal).
- Chop dark chocolate into small pieces, add them to the dough bowl and stir one last time.
- Coat the bottom of a springform pan (Ø 26 cm) with parchment paper.
- Pour batter centrally into the prepared springform pan and bake in the pre-heated oven for 20-25 mins (on the second shelf from the bottom).
- When done baking, remove cake and allow it to cool down a bit.
Because the middle of the cake is very moist and fudgy, the brownie cake should be eaten rather quickly, when it’s still fresh. If you can’t eat it within 2-3 days, put half of the cake in the freezer and take it out for a delicious breakfast or afternoon snack 😉
As you can see: Due to my bad English skills I better let the picture speak… 😀
I wish you all a great rest of the week!