In Germany, self-baked Christmas cookies definitely belong to the festive season. As you may know, we Germans are a little bit crazy about baking for Christmas. Honestly, I myself can’t imagine Christmas without our traditional Christmas cookies, too. Even if I hardly got into the spirit of Christmas this year, at least when I started baking cookies… Christmas didn’t feel that far anymore 🙂
Tender Cinnamon Rings
- For the cookies:
- 1 cup wheat flour
- 1/2 cup 1 stick unsalted vegan butter, cold
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 3/8 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- powdered sugar
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together all dry ingredients. Add butter in small pieces and knead the dough until firm.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Transfer half of the dough (place the other part in the r
- efrigerator) to a lightly floured countertop, roll it out with a rolling pin and cut out cookies with a ring shaped cookie cutter.
- Place cookies on parchment-lined baking sheets and bake until golden on edges, about 8 minutes.
- Let cool a little before sprinkling the cookies with powdered sugar.